Friday, May 19, 2017

My Preproduction Design & Storyboard Work


Thank you for having a look at my portfolio blog post. I present my storyboard drawings, paintings, and digital design work for your consideration. Click images to enlarge.

My general mode of storyboarding is to work quickly in a very rough style so that I can get a number of pages out in a few hours. If key moments need to be more fleshed out, then I go back and add more detail. In the instance of the teen historical travel show, Passport To Explore, I had to work both fast and detailed. A short deadline dictated that the animator for this show would pull the images directly from the storyboards and rig them to move. I was instructed to leave some panels as just a sketchy background or draw separate elements that would be combined with other panels later. 













The following storyboards are excerpts from my own movie The Quantum Terror. As I was drawing between shoots I had to work fast and sketchy, but still found that it was easy to convey effective framing and lighting suggestions in a short amount of time. Scenes separated by *








 *

 *


 *
 *









 *








 *

*


 *



 *


 *



Some other work for this project included digital concept art and design sketches, which I feel translated very well, in the finished movie.






Another project where I employed both storyboards and some basic animation is film Girl In The Window. Meant to be a sexy, grindhouse style short, using all green screen and miniatures, I was pretty free to play around between the modern, Freudian, and retro, as shown in these to videos and additional images.














Over the years, I have created a variety of sequential storytelling art in the form of storyboards, comic books, and simple animations. I wish I could post it all here, but I'll leave you with a few more samples of the things I've had the most fun with. If you would like to inquire about my work you can contact me through Facebook or at ChristopherMoonlight (at) gmail (dot) com (@ & . omitted to block spammers) and I'll be happy to give you more details. Thank you.



























No comments:

Post a Comment